INTERNET REPAIR TECH
Status: Hourly, Full-time, Benefit eligible
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Maringouin, LA. Area
Primarily responsible for field installation, repair and troubleshooting of fiber, cable, DSL internet, and landline telephone including running fiber and/or copper cable to drops. The repair tech will repair station protectors and Network Interface Devices (NIDs) and attach equipment to structures. The repair tech will find and fix copper and fiber problems and inspect or test lines or cables to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults. The successful candidate will run fiber and/or copper cable inside customer structures which may be in small tight spaces, including attics or crawl spaces, or at elevated heights, working in all weather conditions. The repair tech must use judgement to determine and make necessary repairs, which may include repair wiring, fiber, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids, and pedestals as needed. Using test instrumentation, the repair tech will validate service levels to meet engineering and company standards. The repair tech will be responsible for provisioning equipment, tracking and maintaining materials, tools and inventory. The repair tech will communicate directly with customers about appointment rescheduling, pertinent information about their installation or trouble ticket, educate customers in the use of our products/services and assist with connecting of computers and devices (i.e. iPads, cell phones, gaming systems, etc.) to WIFI. This position also completes administrative functions in an efficient and timely manner such as paperwork and electronic repair related documentation and reports. The repair tech will perform all other related duties as assigned by management, working within established policies and procedures. Excellent customer service, including ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner is necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent, higher technical education preferred
- Like-industry experience preferred
- Savvy with computer & device technology
- Mechanical aptitude
- Competency in Windows-based environment
- Standard Driver’s License
- Has and can maintain good driving record
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Technical Learning Agility: Picks up on technical things quickly, enjoys the challenge of learning, adapts quickly when facing new problems.
- Quality Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, sees hidden problems and takes action to solve, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Make good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Action Oriented: works hard with enthusiasm and energy with little supervision, self-motivating and driven for results, uses time effectively and efficiently, follows direction given, provides necessary information to those who need it, gives priority to administrative functions
- Customer Focused: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind, does not walk away until an issue is resolved.
- Communications: professional and courteous, good listening skills, composed in uncomfortable or stressful situations, relates well to all types of people.
Regular hours are Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. However, overtime is expected to finish scheduled work. Must be available to respond to emergency situations such as outages. Must be available for on-call rotation for weekends and holidays. Requires routine driving over large geographic area daily.
Direct Communications is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to [email protected]